Picking out our Christmas Tree
Jack, Charlie, Grandmother and I took our (now) annual trip to Baker's Farm to cut down our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. This year I threw caution to the winds and told the boys they could pick out any tree they wanted.
Pictures are forthcoming of our lovely 10 foot-ish tree. After we picked out our tree, I cut down part of it and then one of they guys at the farm finished it off. We decided to take a hay ride. Jack ran to get on the trailer with the hay when the tractor stopped. The driver didn't realize that Jack was on by himself and started up without us! But, as Jack put it, "I was brave!". We quickly (in about 15 feet) flagged down the hayride driver and all jumped on. Charlie was the most shaken up because he thought he wasn't going to get to go.
When we got home with our tree, Grandfather came over to help us get it in the stand. Unfortunately, it was too tall (my ceilings are 9 feet) and had too many branches at the bottom to fit in the stand. By the time he got it in the stand, it looked like a denuded stick. But ever resourceful, he put all the branches back in the stand, kind of like a flower arrangement. It looks pretty good if I say so myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home