The Sunday Lunch Bunch
Jack and Charlie and I go out to lunch with Grandmother and Uncle Jimmy to the Vestavia Country Club after church most weeks. We look nice, don't you think?
We are trying to socialize them. I think that it is a service work effort for Grandmother and Uncle Jimmy. But we manage to have a good time in spite of the crawling under the table, climbing the little wall between the upper and lower level and general wandering. I have learned to always get my hot food first because it may be the only food I get. Grandmother doesn't bother to eat until we leave. But I still think it is nice because it is the one thing that we all do with Uncle Jimmy regularly. You'll have to ask him if he actually enjoys it...
The good news is that the boys are growing up and getting better manners every day. They are sitting longer, say please and thank you and can wait (a bit) to go pick out their dessert. Most of the time they walk down the hall and they love opening doors for people.
My goal is to make it an entire meal without having to say, "If you go under the table, you will not get dessert." Hopefully they won't be thirty before I quit saying it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home